There are so many areas to work on when building a website (check out those areas on www.boxmode.com). But one thing you must never compromise on is the quality of your copy (the text on your website). Take this quick test to see if your copy cuts it;
Copy Health Check
1) Does your copy specifically target your different audiences? Y or N?
2) Do your key messages (for each audience) jump out, or do people have to search for them? Y or N?
3) Did you ask someone to proof read your copy? Y or N?
4) Do you have a call to action on every page? E.g. Contact us now for a free quote. Y or N?
5) Does your copy reflect your brand/style? For example; if your brand is fun and light-hearted then your copy should be fun and light-hearted too. Y or N?
MOSTLY YES – If you answered yes to all these questions then you are a copy Queen/King. Your can feel happy in the knowledge that your copy is working hard and doing a great job for you.
MOSTLY NO – If you’ve answered ‘no’ to any of these questions don’t panic, but make sure you address them ASAP. It will be totally worth it. Copy is a hard thing to master, but if you follow these basic rules then you will be making a fantastic start to ensuring your website is doing it’s job well.
NOT SURE WHAT TO DO NEXT?
If you can’t stand writing copy, you’re not sure where to start, or would rather have a cuppa and let someone else do the work for you, then give us a call and we will make sure your copy is at its absolute best. Call us on 0448 720 549 or drop us an email right now.